Welcome to Learning Seeds Preschool
Our Mission Statement
The Learing Seeds Pre-School will strive to nurture children socially, academically and spiritually.
We believe this academic and spiritually based program will provide an important foundation for preschoolers and their families.
- To give area preschoolers an opportunity to benefit from a quality early childhood education in a loving and positive environment.
- To enable children to become better prepared for kindergarten.
- To give children daily examples of Christian life skills.
Three year old kids meet on Tuesday and Thursday at 8:30am - 11:00am.
Four year old kids meet on
Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings- 8:30am - 11:00am
There is also an afternoon class for the four year old kids
Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons- 12:30pm - 3:00pm
Registration Fee (non-refundable) ......$45
- This fee along with your registration form, holds your child's place on our roster untill August.
- Class size is limited and fills quickly!
- Monthly tuition payments will begin in August, and are due by the 5th of each month.
READING READINESS SKILLS
- To recognize the eight primary colors....3's & 4's
- To recognize first name in print.....3's & 4's
- To recognize likeness and differences in objects.....3's & 4's
- To recognize "what's missing" in pictures & groups.....3's & 4's
- To become familiar with positional words.....3's & 4's
- To introduce rhyming words.....4's
- To introduce alphabet w/ letter recognition & sound.....4's
- To introduce concept of opposites.....4's
- To introduce concept of sequencing.....4's
- To be able to write first name.....4's
MATH READINESS SKILLS
- To recognize four basic shapes....3's & 4's
- To practice rote counting.....3's & 4's
- To foster skill of one to one correspondence.....3's & 4's
- To sort objects into groups....3's & 4's
- To make patterns....4's
- To recognize progression of sizes.....4's
- To foster fine motor skills with lacing, painting, cutting, holding writing utensils, stringing beads, ect.....3's & 4's
- To foster large motor skills using balls, hoops, ect.....3's & 4's
- To utilize the gymnasium and outdoor playground for large motor development....3's & 4's
- To become aware of seasonal changes...3's & 4's
- To experiment with properties of water...3's & 4's
- To experiment with wind and air....3's & 4's
- To learn about various animals and insects...3's & 4's
- To become familiar with community helpers...3's & 4's
- To install positive self-esteem.....3's & 4's
- To learn about families....3's & 4's
- To learn about healthy foods....3's & 4's
- To learn about good dental health...3's & 4's
- To learn about units of transportation...3's & 4's
- To experiment with with magnets....3's & 4's
- To experiment with measuring & pouring....3's & 4's
- To introduce concepts of recycling & taking care of our earth.....4's
Both 3's and 4's
- To instill a knowledge that God loves and cares for us.
- To become familiar with Bible stories.
- To develop an awareness that we need to thank God before meals.
- To learn to petition God for our needs.
- To give children daily examples of Christian living and how we apply it to our families and friends.
Both 3's and 4's
- To encourage sharing and cooperation with friends.
- To install a respect for authority.
- To promote good listing skills.
- To learn classroom rules and follow them.
- To respect other's property.
- To encourage good table manners.
- To help at clean up time.
ADDITIONAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR LEARNING
- Children will take field trips in the community to promote units of study covered in the classroom.
- Community Helpers will visit our classroom.
- Children will participate each day in learning centers carefully planned to foster specific skills. (Block Center, Fine Motor Center and Dramatic Play Center).
- Props and toys change weekly to provide a wide range of opportunities.
- Children will have "hands-on" activities each day.
- Children will explore and create at the art table with something new each day.
- Children will be involved in discovery play at our rice table. (similar to sand table)
- Children will develop self-help skills such as, putting on coat, hanging school bag, putting items in bag to take home, cleaning up after snack time, taking care of our classroom, etc.
- Many events to include family, such as, Dad's Night, Mom's Night, Grandparents Day, Christmas Program and Graduation Ceremony (with caps and gowns)
Wilson Chapel Christian Union
9435 N St. Hwy. 7
From Scipio.....Learning Seeds is 4 minutes north of Scipio Elementary on Hwy. 7
From Columbus.....Learning Seeds is 1 mile south of the Bartholomew Co / Jennings Co. line on Hwy. 7.